AkwaIbomEstates.com is a technology platform owned and operated by Borrodins Property Developers and Investment (BPDI). The listing and rental advertisements and related services accessed on Akwaibomestates.com or through its tools, applications, social media handles or services are procured and provided by BPDI.
- personal and contact information such as name, email address, whatsapp contact, and telephone number;
- move-in date and demographic information such as location, gender, age, marital status, occupation, the type of device through which you access the Sites, and other similar information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- logs, contact information and other information about communications between past, present or potential renters and past, present or potential properties using our or our affiliated companies’ communications tools (see Section 5. Communications and Communication Tools; Property Contact Forms below);
- information automatically collected by web beacons and cookies on the devices you use to access the Sites (i.e., computers and/or mobile devices, as well as internet browsers and other applications on a device that interacts with the internet);
- information based on your interactions with the Sites or Other Sites and their advertising, such as search information, device sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within the Sites or Other Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- cross device data, which includes the collection of data from devices that are believed to be linked or related (based on statistical analysis);
- device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals; and
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
If you contact us or a property via the phone numbers provided on the Sites, we may record the phone conversation and store a recording and transcription of such call.
In the event you close an account, we do retain personal information in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service (Terms and Conditions), and for purposes otherwise permitted by law.
We may also collect information about your access device(s) to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
We may use your personal and non-personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request, including confirming emails related to AkwaIbomEstates.com’s services, reminders and transactions;
- contact and communicate with properties or us;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve AkwaIbomEstates.com’s services;
- send you relevant residential real estate related listings via email, phone, text messaging or push notification on your phone;
- deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers;
- connect you with third parties that provide products or services that may be relevant to you;
- make payments to third parties through the Sites, should you choose to do so;
- request your review of a property;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- measure consumer interest in our products and services;
- summarize your information (including personal information) that you provide to us or our affiliates;
- help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity;
- enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies, and send you notices and alerts; and
- provide services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; and
- learn more about you (including use of either non-personal or personal information to obtain personal or non-personal information, respectively, from third parties).
In addition, we may use cross device data to provide you with interest based advertising services and deliver tailored ads across multiple devices.
In addition, we may provide or share some or all of your personal information, including name and email addresses, to:
- Third parties offering products or services that may be relevant to you, whose services you agree to use (e.g., online rent payment services), you have expressed an interest in or initiated contact with (e.g., through a property contact form), or with whom you have authorized us to share your personal information.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, invoicing, telecommunication and call monitoring services).
- Another business entity should we plan to merge with, or sell substantially all our assets to that business entity.
Logs, recordings, and other information related to communication between you and third parties in connection with the services and/or other uses and purposes mentioned herein may be stored, maintained and/or divulged to those third parties by us on an individual basis or in the aggregate.
When you contact a property, they will store information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, etc. We expect properties to use your information solely for the purpose of your interaction with them as a renter; however, we have no control over how a given property will use your information.
- Communications and Communication Tools.
We communicate with users, and facilitate communications between users, in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
Property Contact Forms. We make tools available that facilitate communications between renters and properties by phone, email or text. When these tools are used, we may collect certain information related to the communication, like email addresses, contact logs, calling number, call duration, contents of the email communication, and call recordings. We may share this information with properties so they can manage their communications with renters.
Email preferences. We provide all users with the opportunity to opt out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us. To remove your contact information from AkwaIbomEstates.com lists and newsletters, click on the “unsubscribe” link that is included at the bottom of any AkwaIbomEstates.com email you receive.
We or our service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your device when you visit our Sites. We use permanent cookies to provide personalized features, such as automatically logging you into your personalized home page and to deliver customized services, content, and advertising. We use session cookies to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of the Sites. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you.
We may use data management platforms and third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our and our advertising partners’ behalf. These companies may employ cookies, clear gifs, web beacons or similar technologies to deliver advertising and measure its effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous.
- Opting Out of Collection of Information by our Service Providers.
As noted above, we or our service providers (e.g., data management platforms, third-party ad servers, ad network providers, or third-party advertisers) may provide you with advertisements that you see on the Sites or other websites. To help deliver these advertisements and improve the overall consumer experience, we or our service providers may employ cookies, clear gifs, web beacons or similar technologies. These technologies may record your activity, and are helpful to understand what types of information or advertisements are most useful for a user. To learn more about your ability to opt out of certain of these technologies and for other information, please visit, the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative.
- Renters, Properties, External Website and Other Third Parties.
The Sites have links to other websites that may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
Your information (other than credit card or bank account information) is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from AkwaIbomEstates.com. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
The Sites are intended solely for use by persons 13 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Sites or other services, or contribute any information to us.
- Notice to US (specifically California) Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Testimony House, 56 Enwe Street, Uyo
Akwa Ibom State
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org